VELODROME MEETING NEWS
Manchester Velodrome 2019-20
I've finally got confirmation of the Velodrome dates:
from 10am to 4pm,Funfly Meetings from 11am to 4pm.
Saturday 16th November
Saturday 7th December
Saturday 15th February 2020,
with half hourly slots for Free Flight and Lightweight Radio.
The BMFA NW Gala is booked for 7th March 2020
from 9am to 5pm,
and will be a similar format to previous, catering for duration models, and scale flying.
Last years rules were as shown below. I'll update them when confirmed for 2019-2020
BMFA NW/ITC Gala 16th March 2019
Schedule for the event
(9.00 - 10.45 Registration and set-up)
9.00 - 10.45 Pistachio, Peanut, No-Cal, Legal Eagle, Osprey and
Bostonian (including Scale Trimming)
10.45 - 11.45 Round 1 Duration (F1D, F1L, F1M, Limited Penny Plane)
11.45 - 12.00 Open Scale Trimming
12.00 - 12.45 Rounds 1 & 2 Open Scale flying
12.45 - 2.00 Round 2 Duration (F1d, F1l, F1m, Limited Penny Plane)
2.00 - 2.45 Pistachio, Peanut, No-Cal, Legal Eagle, Osprey and
2.45 - 3.30 Rounds 3 & 4 Open Scale flying
3.30 - 4.45 Round 3 Duration (F1D, F1L, F1M, Limited Penny Plane)
4.45 - 5.00 Float/prize giving
The competitions will be run to the following rules:-
1. Any flight above the height of the lighting structural framework will not count. This is to stop
models escaping from the netted area and causing problems with cyclists.
2. Any number of flights within any of the rounds can be counted towards the final results.
3. To limit duration times due to the relatively short slots, models will be flown with following
motor/ballast sizes, Penny Planes and F1M's be flown on 0.75g motors and 0.75gram ballast and 0.5g/0.5g for F1L and 1/3 motors, i.e. 0.145 grams rubber including ring and 0.266 grams spacer for anyone flying F1D.
4. When flying Penny Planes and F1M with the same model, it MUST be declared before the flight
which class is being flown.
5. The overall champion will be decided by adding up the points awarded in each class, thus if there
are 6 competitors in a class, then the winner receives 6 points and 6th 1point. This includes scale and
View showing 1/4 of the flying area!