VELODROME MEETING NEWS
Manchester Velodrome 2018-19
I've finally got confirmation of the Velodrome dates:
from 10am to 4pm, 29th Sept, 27th Oct and 23rd Feb 2019 for Fun Fly events,
with half hourly slots for Free Flight and Lightweight Radio.
The BMFA NW Gala is booked for 16th March 2019 from 9am to 5pm,
and will be a similar format to previous, catering for duration models, and scale flying.
Dave Whitehouse has let me have a copy of the rules for the NW Gala at the Velodrome, which are as follows:
BMFA NW/ITC Gala 16th March 2019
Schedule for the event
(9.00 - 10.45 Registration and set-up)
9.00 - 10.45 Pistachio, Peanut, No-Cal, Legal Eagle, Osprey and
Bostonian (including Scale Trimming)
10.45 - 11.45 Round 1 Duration (F1D, F1L, F1M, Limited Penny Plane)
11.45 - 12.00 Open Scale Trimming
12.00 - 12.45 Rounds 1 & 2 Open Scale flying
12.45 - 2.00 Round 2 Duration (F1d, F1l, F1m, Limited Penny Plane)
2.00 - 2.45 Pistachio, Peanut, No-Cal, Legal Eagle, Osprey and
2.45 - 3.30 Rounds 3 & 4 Open Scale flying
3.30 - 4.45 Round 3 Duration (F1D, F1L, F1M, Limited Penny Plane)
4.45 - 5.00 Float/prize giving
The competitions will be run to the following rules:-
1. Any flight above the height of the lighting structural framework will not count. This is to stop
models escaping from the netted area and causing problems with cyclists.
2. Any number of flights within any of the rounds can be counted towards the final results.
3. To limit duration times due to the relatively short slots, models will be flown with following
motor/ballast sizes, Penny Planes and F1M's be flown on 0.75g motors and 0.75gram ballast and 0.5g/0.5g for F1L and 1/3 motors, i.e. 0.145 grams rubber including ring and 0.266 grams spacer for anyone flying F1D.
4. When flying Penny Planes and F1M with the same model, it MUST be declared before the flight
which class is being flown.
5. The overall champion will be decided by adding up the points awarded in each class, thus if there
are 6 competitors in a class, then the winner receives 6 points and 6th 1point. This includes scale and
View showing 1/4 of the flying area!